Sunday, December 4, 2016

My Unlimited Rent the Runway Experience


     So.. the last time I posted I spoke about rent the runway's clearance sale and how much I loved the concept and their products. It also wasn't the only time I talked about them. I mentioned how a few weddings were coming up and I was planning on renting my bridesmaid dress from them. Well, that has happened and passed and....I can say it was an amazing experience! I chose to do the unlimited account, which is the smartest thing you can do if you plan on renting a 'gown' from them. I paid around $150 (with taxes and all) for a month to have unlimited items versus $100 for a gown for 4-8 days. The process was super simple, I was on a waiting list just for a few days and as soon as i was off, I could start picking my items.
    My first shipment included a really cute Derek Lam shirt dress, a gorgeous studded Rebecca Minkoff leather jacket and a oxblood calf hair and leather Zac posen bag.              


      


Everything came within two days of picking them and they were all in great shape. I was really worried about the wear on the items since others have worn them, but they take such great care of everything! They arrived well packaged in plastic and on hangers in a garment bag, and the purse had a protective bag with stuffing, so it didn't lose shape. I got the most wear out of the jacket and still have the bag! It just goes with everything. When it came time to return the items, I dropped it off at the Georgetown location in DC. I have to say, I was only there to drop things off on our way up to CT... but I could probably spend a day in there. The level of luxury and beauty in that store surpasses many designer boutiques I have been to previously. The service was also top notch, there was only one person at the register, but she helped everyone in line in a timely, friendly manner.
      The items I received after (still in the same month) were out of this world beautiful. One of which, was my bridesmaid gown. It was a strapless gold sequined Badgley Mischka stunner. My second choice was a blue leaf print Marni dress that was layered and boxy in front, but had a gorgeous back. This was a dress I knew I would never purchase on my own, partly because it was $2300, also because it's so unlike anything I usually buy. I tend to go for form fitting instead of boxy, but i found this dress complemented my body in every way, although it is made for a smaller bust, my legs and butt looked really great.


                              


      Again, I can not say enough how happy I was with the condition of these items. I really really thought the sequin gown would have SOME issues. But there really was nothing wrong! I fell so in love with these guys, I extended my Unlimited account to December, since we are attending another wedding and heading to California in 2 weeks. The only downside is when new hot items come in, they become unavailable VERY quickly. Also, it seems they are very limited in the inventory they have for smaller sizes. Most size 0-2 items are unavailable most of the time. Overall, I highly recommend this company to anyone who is on the fence and undecided. You will not regret it!


                                                 Thanks for reading!

Check out my instagram for a few photos of these looks on me! My insta here

No comments:

Post a Comment