Monday, May 23, 2016

Say it Ain't so Victoria! Farewell to VS Swim


         It's pretty obvious that Victoria's secret has amazing beautiful lingerie, but they also have really great lounge wear( for the days you don't need to be crazy sexy) and cute great fitting swimwear. Well, I'm not sure if you have heard about this but last month the company stated they would stop selling their swimsuits, clothes, and shoes. This is apparently due to lower than expected swimwear sales last year as well as the company deciding to narrow their focus and simplify their business model. The business will be reorganized into three divisions : lingerie, beauty, and pink. They will eventually do away with the catalog. I don't think I would ever miss that, it seems like a waste of time and money in this day and age when everyone orders everything online. I don't know a single person who uses the catalog anymore. It would just come in and sit on my counter for months, eventually getting thrown out.
        If you were to ask me, I think it would be smarter for them to cut pink. To me, it's a fad. Plus, everyone does cheap little panties and lounge wear pink style, but there are not a ton of places to find great affordable(keyword) swimwear, right? The good news is you have until the end of the year to stock up, and I was walking past a VS store... all their swim was up to forty percent off! Check it out!
      Hopefully some great new designers come out of this new gap, it would be a great time for swimwear designers to take advantage of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment